Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wistful Wednesday – Winter Blues

Vintage Beachwear ~ Photo by Tom Palumbo #vintage #beachwear #blue #ocean #swimwear

Wouldn't the scene above be a refreshing blue to see right now? Ahhhhh, warm sand, crashing waves, bright blue sky for days. Yes, looking forward to that. For now, the cold but still beautiful blue of winter is all around me. At least all the ladies below look toasty warm in their winter blues.

Gorgeous Vintage Blue #vintage #blue #fashion #1960s #style #50s
1950s Blue Suit Dress #vintage #suit #1950s #dress #blue
                 1959 Blue #vintage #coat #1950s #suit #blue #60sForstmann ~ 1954 #vintage #fashion #1950s #style #blue
                                                {photo source}                                                                 {photo source}
Blue in 1959 #vintage #blue #1950s #fashion #60s #style
Vogue 1955 #vintage #blue #vogue #1950s #style #fashion #magazine
Alice Terry #vintage #blue #dress
Henri Bendel Fashion #vintage #blue #dress #1950s #fashion #60s #style
Blue Plaid in 1957 #vintage #plaid #dress #blue #1950s #fashion
Vintage Blue #vintage #blue #fashion #1950s #1960s
Pierre Balmain ~ 1957 #vintage #coat #blue #1950s #fashion #winterWilhelmina Cooper ~ 1960s #vintage #winter #blue #1960s #fashion
{photo source}                                                                   {photo source}
1950s Jacques Fath #vintage #coat #1950s #winter #blue #fashion #illustration


Last Week's Wistful Wednesday:


Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. These are all such lovely images - a very elegant collection. "Vintage blue dress' reminds me of sapphires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous collection of photos! I'm longing for nature to burst out in spring now too, I'm so tired of the cold winter. I wish you a fabulous day my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love blue :) I would enjoy to be on the beach just now, it looks perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love the Vogue cover! Oh, I would love to frame this one! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images. I want to swim in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely collection of photos, Jamie! Gotta love blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite photo of Alice Terry along with all the other ravishing blues. And, yes, I would love to be on the beach right about now...Amelia Island would do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! I love the first image :) makes me want a sunny beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will trade you some of the crazy sunshine we have over here in AU for your cool winter in a heart beat!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving wistful Wednesday!

    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny how I've been craving the color blue for this very reason. Really, I'm craving the beach and sunny blue skies.

    -Tina@ GirlwithaNewLife2.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love more vibrant shades of blue, but when is pale I like to add more color or just a red lipstick.
    About women and not only Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gloriously pretty blue vintage fashion images. I love winter - well, for the most part at leas - and have never gotten the blues because of the colder months, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the idea of perking my mood up even further by sporting plenty of vintage blue myself, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete